Facebook Flashback

Posted by Katie Rose en
So today I get a Facebook friend request and I don't immediately recognize the name, but it looks slightly familiar. After wracking my brain, I realize this "friend" is a blast from my past circa 2006. Unfortunately, facebook doesn't have a "night mare date" request, or this guy would fall under it! How he even remembered my name is beyond me to begin with.

I met "facebook friend" on a conservative online dating site (of course). We had a lot in common it seemed. Specifically he was a devoted entrepreneur and I myself extremely passionate about growing and developing my own business. So we started things off pretty chill, with a little lunch date. I was new to the online dating game, so I kept it simple. Lunch went pretty well and we spent the next few days talking on the phone.

We talked mostly about our companies, I was kind've having a difficult time understanding the concept behind his business, which I thought was a little weird. So for our 2nd  date he invited me come meet with some of his business partners and colleagues. They were having a meeting and a guest speaker to learn about advertising and marketing concepts. I was game. I usually try to attend these types of learning opportunities within my own industry and I figured I might pick up a concept or two to apply to my own business.

So I put on my cute business attire, grab my portfolio and pen and get ready to learn. Facebook Friend introduces me to his colleagues who were all very warm and interested in my own business. They also seemed pretty hyped about their guest speaker. It was a small group of about 20, so I was thoroughly introduced to everyone before we got started.

Facebook Friend picked our seats on the 2nd row, but right in the middle with about 4 people on either side of us. I settled in and got ready to take notes. Twelve minutes into the guest speaker I realized I was at an Amway meeting! That's right...2nd date and this genius thought recruiting me to join Amway would warm me up!

Unfortunately, I was trapped! I'm sitting front and center in the room and there was no way to escape without crawling over a row of people. For some reason I had church syndrome and felt paralyzed to stay seated and not disrupt the preacher. I actually sat there for 3and a half HOURS!!!!

So seeing as how the last time I talked to facebook friend, I was chewing him out for tricking me into an Amway meeting, I'm not sure why he thinks I want to be his friend now! Maybe he has a new MLM scheme he thinks I might be interested in this time.

Moral of the date: don't mix business with pleasure on a 2nd date and be thankful for the IGNORE button!

0 comments:

Post a Comment